In the fall of 2018 I had the distinct pleasure of being interviewed by James Blatch on Mark Dawson’s Self Publishing Formula Podcast, a podcast that seeks to connect indie authors with helpful know-how to increase their success and shares best practices for book marketing.
This interview was entitled: SPF Podcast #143 | Bookstagrammers: How to reach readers through Instagram with Bex Gorsuch.
Watch the Interview:
In this interview James and I discuss tips for author social media strategy on Instagram including:
- Why Bex works an Instagram coach for authors
- Reasons why authors should be using Instagram as part of their book marketing social media strategy
- Why Instagram is one of the best social media sites for authors
- On increased reach, paid ads, and promoted posts on Instagram
- The importance of consistency and branding on your author platform and author Instagram
- Practical tips for the best authors on Instagram including how often to post, how to use hashtags, best practices for writing captions, and the importance of visual themes
Til next time,
Bex Skoog (formerly Bex Gorsuch) is a professional book blogger and Instagram coach who, when she’s not connecting readers with their next great read, helps authors learn the ins and outs of their social media platforms, online book marketing strategies, and branding. She has been seen on publications like the Self Publishing Formula Podcast, BookSparks, the Literary Edit, and Inverse. Author Influence is her flagship course which teaches authors everything they need to know about successful book marketing on Instagram. For a limited time, she has made a free introductory course available. You can sign up for the free 3-day email course here.