How do I plan and organize my Instagram feed? How can I make my Instagram feed look more cohesive? Those are two of the most asked questions about Instagram. It’s easy to see why.
You can’t help but question how your favorite accounts are pulling it off. Perhaps you’re starting to wonder if they possess some sort of magical powers or traded their soul to some new-age social media demon. I can neither confirm nor deny those rumors, but what I can tell you is how I use one easily accessible, free tool that makes it all look effortless.
Having a well-coordinated, organized Instagram feed does make a difference in your follower count. Viewers decide whether or not they will follow you in the brief 1-2 seconds they look at your account. The best way to capture their attention is with a recognizable, well-maintained feed. The Preview app is the tool I use to determine post order, coordinate my focus colors, and better curate my Instagram account.
I want to say up front that this is NOT a sponsored post. The Preview app has no idea that I’m creating this resource for you. This is a genuine article about a tool I really use every single day to plan and organize my Instagram feed.
What is the Preview app?
The Preview app is just that—a preview. You import the photos you plan to post on Instagram and organize your future posts with a few taps of the screen. There’s also the added benefit of being able to edit photos, draft captions, and save hashtag groups—therefore making your life approximately 98.8% easier.
How to Use the Preview app – My Workflow
- Edit and add filters to your photos. Are they picture-perfect and ready to post? Great! Go to step #2.
- Add your edited photos into the Preview app. Just click the + icon in the top right hand corner. Here’s an extra tip: add photos in numbers divisible by three. It’s helps maintain a reference structure to better organize your Instagram feed.
- Rearrange the images in the order you like best by clicking and dragging. Remember to pay attention to your colors and backgrounds. Make sure they’re balanced!
- Draft a caption by clicking the comment icon.
- Save a hashtag group, or two, for easy reference.
- Post your beautiful photos to Instagram and feel like a pro!
That’s it! That is how I plan and organize my Instagram feed. A lot easier than you thought, wasn’t it? How influencers organize their Instagram feeds isn’t such a mystery anymore.[clickToTweet tweet=”How to plan and organize your Instagram theme from @itsoutofthebex” quote=”Will this article help your friends and followers? Click here to tweet.”]
There are several other apps that offer a similar service, but the Preview app is free and therefore won my heart.
Note: You can edit your photos within the Preview app if you so choose. However, I’ve created my own filter in Photoshop so the edit section of the Preview app isn’t part of my workflow.
Download the Preview app, try it out for a few days, and see how dramatically in can change the way you organize your Instagram feed. No more guessing about how one post will look next to another or how to balance your colors. It’s the perfect solution.
Still have questions about how I organize my Instagram feed? Leave me a comment below.